WE NEED SOME HELP, VOLUNTEERS WELCOME
We have started our Pennies for PKD Campaign and we need help to reach our goal.
We are seeking Pennies for PKD Organizers/Chairpersons in every state (Town, City, School, Businesses, etc), and worldwide to organize a campaign and drive for our Pennies for PKD in your local community or school. This initial campaign will run from February 1 ,2010 through Sept 24,2010. This campaign will run up to and in conjunction with the National Walk for PKD which is in September throughout the United States.
If you are interested in becoming a Pennies for PKD Organizer/Chairperson, just email or message any Administrator. Thank you for your help!!
Any "Pennies for PKD" member can be an organizer. All that is required as an organizer is to commit to the Campaign and encourage as many people as you can to participate in your school or community and help us reach our goal of raising awareness and funds. Feel free to recruit your own volunteers/committee for your own group, as you will need a hand!!
This campaign will mostly consist of the placement of PKD Donation Boxes in businesses, schools, restaurants, etc. By doing this, we will be accomplishing 2 goals, and they are to raise awareness and funds for PKD.
Some other helpful suggestions and ideas are listed below, but do not limit your fundraising capabilities!! Be creative and have fun with this campaign, it is for a great cause!!!
1. Outdoor Canning (Markets,schools,businesses)
2. Benefit Concert (Everyone knows someone in a band)
4. 50-50 Raffles ( At Games, Local Events)
5. Donation Boxes/ Change Jars (At schools, work, businesses)
6. Spaghetti & Meatball Dinner
7. Motorcycle Runs
8. Bike Runs
9. Donation Mailings ( Local Politicians, businesses,clubs)
10.Schools (Dress Down Day, No Homework Day, Bake Sale)
11. Get Out of Jail (Bail Out)
12. Car Wash
We will be keeping a running tally of all monies received by each Town, City, School or Group. All monies will be recorded on our PENNIES FOR PKD group page and updated as collected. When submitting checks please include your name, city, town, group or school so that we may credit your group properly!!!
PLEASE MAKE ALL CHECKS OR MONEY ORDERS PAYABLE TO: PKD FOUNDATION, PO BOX 28054, Providence, RI, 02908. Please note "Pennies for PKD" on check so National Foundation will know where checks came from. All money received will then be tallied on page and forwarded to The PKD FOUNDATION.
Checks can also be sent directly to PKD Foundation,9221 Ward Parkway, Suite 400; Kansas City, MO 64114-3367. Again, Please note "Pennies for PKD" on check so National Foundation will know where checks originated from.
LIST OF BUSINESSES/SCHOOLS/STATES PARTICIPATING WITH UPDATED TOTALS
1. Atwood Grille, Johnston =
2. Providence Firefighters Hall, Providence = $42.50
3. Twelve Acres Banquet, Smithfield =
4. Spumoni's Restaurant, Pawtucket =
5. Kelley & Gazzero Post, Cranston = $25.00
6. Checker Club, Pawtucket =
7. Mama Teresa, Providence =
8. Chester's Restaurant, Harmony =
9. Around The Corner, Providence =
10. Royal Panda, Cumberland =
11. Elmwood Auto Service, Warwick =
12. Bryant College, Smithfield =
13. Narragansett HS, Narragansett =
14. Narragansett MS, Narragansett =
15. Milano's Pizza/Olive Deli, Providence =
16. The 520 Club, Providence =
17. Galway Pub, Pawtucket =
18. Brigido's Marketplace, Slatersville =
19. Brigido's Marketplace, Pascoag =
20. Lil General Store, N. Smithfield =
21. Dino's Market, Chepachet =
If you choose not to participate in the Campaign but want to know more about PKD, or chat with other PKD members, feel free to join our PKD groups below !!!